General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Scarf joints

I am about to begin scarfing the following joints. 1/4 inch meranti sides 1/2 inch fir bottom I am interested to know what sort of scarfs…

Started by E. Landis

9 Apr 19, 2009
Reply by Richard

Michigan Steelhead/Trout fishing

Anyone on this board fishing Michigan water? I have covered quite a bit of water recently. The PM (Pere Marquette), the Muskegon, Kalamazoo…

Started by Brad

0 Apr 19, 2009

replacing side frame and floor frame

On my project of restoring my drift boat I need to replace a side frame and a floor frame what available wood is best?

Started by Dale Mickelsen

1 Apr 18, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

"Put a lid on it..."

I saw "lids" on a drift boat a couple years ago at the Wooden Boat Festival. After getting caught on the McKenzie in a spring down-pour a w…

Started by Greg Hatten

7 Apr 17, 2009
Reply by Karl Mueller

Spokane Area Floats

Hi All, After the McKenzie gathering the end of this month, on my way back to Jackson, I'm planning to visit a friend of mine who lives in…

Started by Jeff Wilson

5 Apr 16, 2009
Reply by Jeff Wilson

Alternative to the Rope Seat

Does anyone have any good pics or ideas on an alternative to the rope seat for the oarsman? I am not really sure I want to go that route as…

Started by Jesse Ronnow

8 Apr 15, 2009
Reply by Jesse Ronnow

Drift boat camping trip

Hi Guys! I am trying to get a summer drift/camping trip planned in central or southern oregon. My trip could be 3-5 days depending on the a…

Started by Bryan McDade

2 Apr 7, 2009
Reply by Bryan McDade

stacking drift boats.....

It is getting to be that time of year again. Rivers are calling and the temperatures are getting warmer. Some of you will be doing multipl…

Started by Herb Jacobsen

6 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Herb Jacobsen

Hatch covers

Hello All, When using the cutout from a deck as the piece for the hatch cover, what wood do people recommend for the frame and under the d…

Started by lhedrick

1 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

Does epoxy add strength?

Hey everyone, I've been lurking and reading on the forum for a while now and have gathered A TON of great information from you all. Also h…

Started by Jeff Jennings

12 Apr 4, 2009
Reply by Herb Jacobsen

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service