General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

I put a bar in my boat...

After four seasons and many miles on the water, I knew something was missing. Maybe I should've put a bar in the boat when I built it - but…

Started by Greg Hatten

19 Apr 3, 2009
Reply by Greg Hatten

Another polyurethane question

I am looking to clear coat my boat. I have epoxied plywood side panels with west system. Only the bottom will have glass. Any advice on wha…

Started by E. Landis

0 Apr 2, 2009

2-part Poly

Hi I am thinking of spraying 2-part polyurethane over glass and epoxy, on the exterior of my boat. I like the color choices and cost of Clo…

Started by Brian

1 Apr 2, 2009
Reply by Jon Carter

Oil Interior Question

Here is a quick question. If you are planning an oiled interior and a painted/varnished exterior - do you varnish the outer handrail - then…

Started by Jason Knight

7 Apr 1, 2009
Reply by TJ Weiss

Anybody know this boat design and what should I do for the repairs?

Just purchased this boat, came from Oregon Coast near Lincoln City. Anybody know who might have made this 1984 era boat? Also you will see…

Started by Rick Newman

18 Mar 31, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

Getting rid of grooves before a final coat......

After several layers of quick fair and primer, I have noticed some scratches/grooves in the sides. I think it is from applying quickfair wi…

Started by Craig

4 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Craig

Bob Pritchett's dory

Anyone running one like his final dory as in Roger's book (pg 75). I'm wondering how big of a motor? I think in the book they mention a 75l…

Started by jb

3 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by jb

To restore or replace an existing patch?

I've done a ton of sanding on my restore and discovered today just how bad one particular section of my side panel is. I knew the previous…

Started by Jeff Jennings

3 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Jeff Jennings

interior completed for now

thank you to everyone for your comments and help. I sanded her all out and in the end decided to use teak oil on it. She looks great, maybe…

Started by Brad

4 Mar 30, 2009
Reply by Jason Knight

Made a decision. Oiled skid shoe

If you've read my other posts, I was undecided on doing a glass bottom like my other boats, or a skid shoe. Skid shoe it is! on this one.…

Started by Dave Z

9 Mar 29, 2009
Reply by Dave Z

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service