General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Ooopsie! Epoxy issue...

I turned down the shafts on a set of oars I made because they were too stiff. So I got three coats of epoxy back on and my last coat is not…

Started by JC Smith

4 Feb 23, 2022
Reply by Shawn Baker

Spring float

Hello just wondering if there will be a spring boat gathering for wooden boats to float? I am retired now and have the time to join this ti…

Started by Danny S Jacquez

1 Feb 2, 2022
Reply by Wayd Drake

Second coat epoxy orange peel

Hi everyone, New to the forum but have been reading lots for my first build. I’m using Cajunes plans for a kingfisher recurve and have just…

Started by Jeff C

5 Jan 13, 2022
Reply by Jeff C

Oar Locks too long and sloppy

Guys, I built a 14' dory, Tracey Obrien design.  After spending 20 or more days rowing it I have found that the oar locks will pop up a goo…

Started by Stephan Fowler

5 Jan 3, 2022
Reply by Stephan Fowler

fiberglassing the bottom (repair)

Hey there, So glad to have found this forum.  I have an old Pritchett RRS that I am restoring.  So far I have sanded, caulked, filled and r…

Started by Wayd Drake

10 Dec 6, 2021
Reply by Wayd Drake

New Dory on the Water

Greetings, I just completed my first boat.  Well, not really completed, still touch up paint to do, and I could always do more fairing of t…

Started by Bodacious Jack

22 Nov 29, 2021
Reply by Shawn Baker

AuSable Long Boat Refinishing

Hello all,I just picked up an AuSable River Longboat (20') that came out of storage/barn.Built around 1980 (maybe lates 70's) Been sitting…

Started by Jason Knight

8 Oct 13, 2021
Reply by Jason Knight

help with building don hill 16'

Hi All, has anyone built a don hill driftboat? would love to be able to call you with some questions. Thanks, New Mexico Mike

Started by Michael S. Gural

6 Sep 20, 2021
Reply by David Witton

11th Colorado Wooden Boat Float

The 11th edition of The Colorado Wooden Boat Float will take place the weekend of September 10th-12th on the banks of the Upper Colorado Ri…

Started by mark hilbert

2 Sep 18, 2021
Reply by KURT WELZ

Kaarhus drift boat

I have an old Kaarhus Drift boat, very good condition. I've caught lots of Clackamas River steelhead with this back in the day. Wondering w…

Started by Gary Isaacson

0 Sep 6, 2021

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service