General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Welcome Ron Thrapp... member number 200.

Whoooot, congratulations to everyone for participating and thanks for all the great posts in the last week. AND, a special welcome and cong…

Started by Randy Dersham

1 May 12, 2009
Reply by Dave Z

Greetings to all, plan to start my boat kit tomorrow

Bought a kit boat from Tatman. Live on a good size trout stream (West Canada Creek) in upstate NY. Temperatures have just gotten warm enoug…

Started by PATRICK M CLEAREY

4 May 10, 2009
Reply by PATRICK M CLEAREY

Screws vs. Ring Nails

Randy, When I was picking up my 16 foot kit, I believe you expressed a preference for ring nails over screws in the chine log because of gr…

Started by Daniel Paull

17 May 10, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

Draft

I am curious as to the draft of the various boats that have been built from this forum.

Started by Stephen Chase

20 May 8, 2009
Reply by Mike Dearing

cypress

I know it is a pretty good wood for use outside. Pee-rows are typically made from it in the south. I make my bee hives out of cypress becau…

Started by Dave Z

4 May 8, 2009
Reply by Dave Z

new blog report

Sorry I'm behind on posting! It is spring- turkey season, dry flies everywhere and light out till 9pm! I love May! I have been making great…

Started by Dave Z

0 May 7, 2009

Woodie Hindman's 14 ft Double Ender

Afer looking at the pictures/plans in Roger Fletches book, this little boat might be next winters project. Never built a framed boat, but h…

Started by Lawrence E. Long

3 May 6, 2009
Reply by Mike Dearing

Seat Heigth

Wonder if someone could give me a measurement off their boats from the bottom of the floor to the top of their rower seat. Any info would b…

Started by Jim Rubino

12 May 6, 2009
Reply by Jim Rubino

engine shaft length and hp for a 16' Tatman

Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum and have already enjoyed reading all of the posts. Great site! Can anyone tell me what engine shaft lengh…

Started by Al

3 May 5, 2009
Reply by Al

Shortening a Transomed Double Ender

I have been checking out the plans for a 16' transomed doubled ender. I want to build one this summer. However, I only want a 14 foot boat.…

Started by Stephen Chase

5 May 5, 2009
Reply by Roger Fletcher

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service