General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Epoxy Blush and sanding

I'm finishing glassing up my sides and am wondering about blush. I've rolled out a saturation coat of epoxy on the sanded wood, then squeeg…

Started by Brian

1 May 3, 2009
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Railing for 18' drift boat

Once again wooden boat people, thanks so much for your help. I am wondering what people are using for railings. I am building a 18' drift b…

Started by Bryan McDade

8 May 3, 2009
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Authentic Day on the "Mac"

After the Boat Festival, we had a special guest in Eugene to perform in the "traveling" Broadway Show - Spamalot. We fished "old school" -…

Started by Greg Hatten

2 May 2, 2009
Reply by Greg Hatten

What to do with the bottom of this boat?

Hi all, am at the point where it's time to add rub strips to the bottom of the replica we are making of the GEM. In 1951-52, Fulmer used 31…

Started by Tom Martin

4 May 1, 2009
Reply by Tom Martin

Opaque stains suitable for cockpit interior

My circa 1930 MBO (21' Sparkman and Stephens design #1) is a visual mess below deck and in the open cockpit. Over 80 years the boat has bee…

Started by John Silbersack

0 May 1, 2009

Unique piece of Oregon history

Drift Boats and River Dories will be featured this next month (May) at the Oregon State Capitol. It's all part of Oregon's 150th celebratio…

Started by Roger Fletcher

1 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Tom Martin

Oars

Im getting a 16.5x48 drift boat, and I am wondering if 9ft oars are going to be to long. I dont have a lot of experience in a drift boat, t…

Started by Jared Lane

7 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Jared Lane

A different chine for framed boats

I don't build framed boats. My boats have all been stitch and glue. In reading posts it seems that many old framed boats have issues with…

Started by lhedrick

12 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Karl Mueller

Anchor arm

Hey boat builders, I need to add an anchor arm to my transom to help keep my anchor out of the water, ( figuratively not metaphorically) I…

Started by Dan Burr

2 Apr 30, 2009
Reply by Dan Burr

Pipeline project threatens the Green River

I thought all river runners and avid anglers might be interested in what is being planned along the Green River. A private entity is propo…

Started by geno_86ed

1 Apr 28, 2009
Reply by lhedrick

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service