General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

plastic bottom

I'm planning on putting a 1/4 or even 1/8 inch of plastic as a second bottom. First to protect the wood bottom but even more inportantly to…

Started by Den

0 Mar 12, 2009

What are the personal "touches" you added to make your boat unique??

One of the best parts of attending the McKenzie River Wooden Boat Festival is looking at all the wooden boats and seeing the unique ways we…

Started by Greg Hatten

11 Mar 11, 2009
Reply by sanderson

Port Ludlow Pram

Does anyone have a picture/ plans any info on these boats? Thanks, Tim

Started by Tim Ugaldea

1 Mar 11, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

Sanding interior

Well, it has come time to sand the old boat's interior (first time in my 4 years of ownership). Really only the fore section, and the rower…

Started by Brad

2 Mar 10, 2009
Reply by Brad

Install Ribs and Chines with 3M 5200?

Are most of you guys screwing and gluing your ribs/chines into place? I just watched the video that came with my Don Hill plans and they ju…

Started by E. Landis

3 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Dave Z

Bedding Bottom in 3M 5200

Ok - so I getting close to putting the bottom on my boat. Got it rough cut last night and am hoping to get it screwed and glued in the next…

Started by Jason Knight

14 Mar 9, 2009
Reply by Greg Hatten

Interior Oils

As I have finally removed all the varnish from the inside of my boat, I have decided to oil the inside this go around. I have received some…

Started by Jesse Ronnow

13 Mar 6, 2009
Reply by Roger Fletcher

How to fill small gaps...

I am sure this is rookie question. I just finished assembling my bow stem, 5 rib, and transom. After everything dried it appears there is…

Started by E. Landis

6 Mar 6, 2009
Reply by E. Landis

Epoxy in cold weather

I have been sealing the chines and various dings and blemishes with some Raka epoxy in my garage the past few nights. The temperature has b…

Started by Craig

8 Mar 4, 2009
Reply by Jason Knight

Paint is on the way

Just ordered some brightside paint thanks to some advice from members. The boat is going in my garage tonight and the sanding begins. I hav…

Started by Robert Hawkins

8 Feb 28, 2009
Reply by Jesse Ronnow

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service