I am selling my 14' wooden boat built by John Ostrm when he worked for Boat specialties, inc. in Salem, Oregon.  The original owner told me this boat was built in 1970.  To the best of my knowledge I am only the second owner of the boat.  I have owned this boat for 2 years and have made a dozen trips down the Deschutes river with it.  Mike Baker put a new fiberglass bottom and Mahogany chines on the boat about 1 1/2 years ago and it looks like it did when he installed them.

I will sell with the oars that came with the boat, trailer and a spare set of oar blocks. After each trip I rubbed the gunnel and rails down with Linseed oil. The boat has been stored in a garage the entire time it was not on the river. The trailer has new axels and bearings and 3 new tires. I would like to get $3,000.  This boat is in excellent shape.  The boat is in Central Oregon.  You can contact me through this site.  The boat is also listed on craigslist.

Thnx.

Views: 927

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is a nice boat, good luck selling it.

Rick Newman

I've come down on the price if anyone's interested

How much? Where in central Oregon? I'm in Boise, Id. I just sold a refurbished/restored 14" Don Hill for $2300.

I'd really like to get $2,500 but honestly I'd go as low as $2,000 but couldn't go any lower than that. For any less than that I would just hang on to it. It's been a very fun boat. I'm in Prineville, Oregon.

Hello,

Is your boat still available?  I may be interested. 

Hello,

Is your boat still available?  I may be interested. 

Sorry, I sold the boat this past Sunday

I’ve got this 14’ for sale Jason. $4900. It has only been on the water a dozen times?

Thanks for reaching out, Gregg. Yes, looks like a great boat.Can you tell me more about it?  How old, Who built it, maintenance, any past damage, features, what would be included with the boat?   Where are you located? 

I built it. It is a Ray’s 14’.  It has only been on the water a dozen times.  Mahogany plywood, mahogany hardwoods, fir plywood bottom.  It currently sits in my Fly Shop, www.wallaceflyshop.com . 520 Cedar St. Wallace, ID 83873.

Prior to putting it in our shop I redid the varnish and paint to sell it.  Absolutely no damage anywhere.  This is a solid boat.  If interested let me know.  You can find more photos on my web site and on my page on this site.

Gregg

It is a beautifully built, solid boat.

Hi Rick, Thanks for reaching out. Can you tell me more about it?  How old, Who built it, maintenance, any past damage, features, what would be included with the boat?   Where are you located? 

Thanks!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service