Shawn Baker's Discussions (47)

Discussions Replied To (45) Replies Latest Activity

"Here's a great tutorial, but it baffles me the author used yellow polypro.  hahahttp…"

Shawn Baker replied Sep 5 to I am looking for a light wood to make oars.

16 Sep 10
Reply by Warren Gibbs

"Oars.jpg "

16 Sep 10
Reply by Warren Gibbs

"Do you love the turks head oar stops?  I was thinking of the same for mine.  The pla…"

16 Sep 10
Reply by Warren Gibbs

"IMG_8133.JPG Had a great launch with beautiful weather and an overnight trip on the…"

Shawn Baker replied Sep 4 to Whitewater Dory build in Montana (was: Fir vs Meranti dory floor)

43 Sep 7
Reply by Guy Fredrickson

"Interesting that you used tulip poplar.  It's a very resilient wood.  Hadn't heard o…"

Shawn Baker replied Aug 28 to I am looking for a light wood to make oars.

16 Sep 10
Reply by Warren Gibbs

"Followup: based on the directions from my plan designer, I built my dory right-side…"

Shawn Baker replied Aug 28 to Whitewater Dory build in Montana (was: Fir vs Meranti dory floor)

43 Sep 7
Reply by Guy Fredrickson

"I can't agree more with Ants.  "Tapering the the oar section will decrease weight an…"

Shawn Baker replied Aug 28 to I am looking for a light wood to make oars.

16 Sep 10
Reply by Warren Gibbs

"Flipped the boat once more to glass the underside of the deck hatch lips I added...g…"

Shawn Baker replied Aug 28 to Whitewater Dory build in Montana (was: Fir vs Meranti dory floor)

43 Sep 7
Reply by Guy Fredrickson

"I'd consider large float bags instead of built-in flotation (unless you want to comp…"

Shawn Baker replied Aug 5 to Planning a trip on Deso in a few weeks at 9,000 bfs any pointers?

7 Aug 5
Reply by Shawn Baker

"...what's your experience on the Salmon?  Do you hit the wavetrains?  Seems that mis…"

Shawn Baker replied Jul 24 to Planning a trip on Deso in a few weeks at 9,000 bfs any pointers?

7 Aug 5
Reply by Shawn Baker

RSS

© 2019   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service