It was good to us today.  Good to me in particular. Hendricksons hatching, big trout rising.  I boated a 21-1/2" and a 20"
I volunteered to row the rest of the day after this one.  The only way to ruin today was to get greedy.

Views: 159

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice, big browns. Congratulations!

Off the wall question: Have you any idea what the flow in CFS of the river pictured is?
not really. It was low for this time of year. Its not a very fast flowing river, but carries alot of water if that makes sense.
Nice browns Dave. Were you nymphing or matchin a hatch??? It's still a little cold for consistent "hatches" out west - but the fish are finally looking "up" for their meals in the warmest part of the day.
GH
DRY FLIES!!!! #14 caddis and 5x tippet. water was cold so even the big fish didn't fight like they normally can.
Awesome!!
I see you haven't lost your touch!
Dave - those are some top notch browns. Nice work.

Side note: what type of hat is that? I can't tell what the logo is but it looks cool. (easily distracted over here :)
You know, I wondered the same thing. It is a stylin' cap!
Haha, you guys are funny. The headgear is an Army-Navy store GI issue chocolate brown ripstop material hat. $3.99. Wife added a swallow patch for me as I'm so damn cool. (hahahaha) I have a green one and a digital desert camo one as well. Funny that you guys inquire, cause we were thinking of getting a whole pile of them and making "the happy trout" hats. I have a close friend who owns an embroidery shop. The logo would be a rendering of one of the paintings on my blog and offset to the side like my swallow hat.

For once in my life I have been fashion forward. Thanks boys!
I will take a "happy trout" hat if you decide to make them. sounds cool!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service