Hey guys,

I have been slowly working on this boat and thought I would share a few pics of the progress. Thanks for the guidance thus far Dave! A few details of the build so far:

• CVG Doug Fir Framing

• Meranti Sides

• Fiberglass bottom (done the same way as my previous boat with a rounded bottom edge wrapped in glass then chine cap applied to restore hard chine edge - let the debates begin lol)

I think this boat will be painted... not sure yet.

Here are a few random pics I have taken along the way. More to come once the boat gets turned over and the interior work gets going.

Let me know what you think.

Views: 7150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jason, beautiful job.  So do I remember that you spend a lot of time on the Manistee?  I'll send you a PM.

Jack

Thanks Jack.

I float the Manistee occasionally, I spend more time on the PM and AuSable...

Jason:

I fish all those Michigan  rivers too. On the Manistee below Tippy I have used my jet sled until last year when I saw a wooden drift boat moving up river with much less effort than I needed. When I got back to the ramp I found that that boat had a 4 HP motor with 3 anglers in the boat. I ordered the same plans and now have the boat almost completed. Should be ready for the Fall season. I like the PM too but all wade fishing for me.

Nice work Jason.  Bring that pram to the Festival next spring.

GH

That would be fun!

Here is an idea I have... will need to notch the transom to get the short shaft into the water.

It would be nice to be able to tool around some smaller lakes and motor out on some of the bigger/deeper rivers.

Yu can make the cutout with a replaceable insert if you want to maintain the nice transom lines when the motor is not on the boat.

jason,

Check your email.  I sent what I did to my pram.  Im running a trolling motor on it.  I drew a line across the rail tops, then made a cutout 8" down from that line 24" wide.  Perfect depth adjustment.

dave

Thanks Dave,

I will mark and cut it at those dimensions. I also want to build a mounting pad that changes the transom angle where the motor attaches. I want to be able to use the trim adjustment pins just like on a standard angle transom.

Just finished the side pockets and seat rail. Also got the anchor system going...

Hey, I recognize that bottom! :)  

Good reuse.

Randy,

I thought you would get a kick out of that. The section was just barely long enough from that shipping "incident" to do the bottom. I injected of the split plies with epoxy and clamped, seemed to work fine. :-)

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service