Hi All,

I’m look for recommendations on a durable epoxy bottom coat for a glass/wood drift boat. The bottom on the one I purchased should be re-finished before I take it out this year (which might be soon given this great weather here in Southern Alberta, Canada!). Anyway, I’ve done a bit of research and it seems my only options that are readily available in Alberta are Gluv-it and Coat-it. I have also come across a product called Wetlander: http://airboatcoatings.com/. The product is from a distributor in the States and from what I’m reading and the videos I’ve watched it looks like it may out perform Gluv-it and Coat-it. More durable, flexible and slippery when cured. I am wondering if anyone has used Wetlander and Gluv-it/ Coat-it and how they compare. What would your preference be?
Thanks for any advice/recommendations you can provide.
Andrew

Views: 456

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Andrew,

Most of us are using 20 oz. Triaxial fiberglass and epoxy with graphite powder added to the last flow coats. This has proven to be a rugged and easily repaired system. You should be able to get all of this via the interweb (Noah's for one is in Canada) Fiberglass supply in Washington and Jamestown Distributors or Hamilton Marine both on the east coast are options.

There was one guy on this site who used Wetlander and really seemed to like it, do a search for wetlander in the search box.

I may be building a boat soon for a guy who presently has a Willie with Wetlander on it and he swears by it.

We may use it on the build, I would glass it first then add the Wetlander.

Good luck,

Mike

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service