I'm a new member and currently own a 16' Tatman (I didn't build it).  I have built two boats - a runabout and a kayak.  I'm looking for another boat to build.  I was thinking of a rapid robert but I really like the looks of the boat in the pics I mentioned.  I think Rick Finnel posted them.

I'd like to get more info on that boat.  Thanks.

Views: 1477

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Bill                                                                                                                                                                                  My son Erick wanted a power boat for are local bays (Nestucca-Tillamook-Netarts) to use for crabbing clamming salmon fishing. We live near Pacific City home of the Dory Fleet 20'to 24' flat bottom dorys they launch from the beach. We tried to design our boat 2/3 the size of the PC dory 16' with 54" bottom. Hope to launch from the beach on calm days.                                                                                                                                                                                      Rick

Rick, I'm in landlocked Idaho though I have fished the Tillamook and other area bays.  But I'm looking to build a boat similar to your's for power boating on our reservoirs.  I'm having difficulty finding plans or even boats that look like yours.  Can you point me in the right direction?

What size motor do you expect to run on the back of your boat?

I'm not Rick, but I think Ray Heater and Mike Baker both make boats like that, and Randy Dersham might have a plan or kit.
Thanks Kevin.  Ray's is what I'm looking for.  I was visiting his site the other day and some how missed the power skiff link.
go to http://www.glen-l.com/ they have plans for almost any need or want

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service