Hello,

I am a student at the University of Oregon and a writer for Ethos magazine (a campus publication). I am currently writing a story on drift boats and their presence on the McKenzie River. 

I am looking to talk to a variety of people to gather more information on the subject--builders, guides, experts, etc. If there is anyone who feels they could provide some helpful information and could possibly set up a time to talk in further detail I'd appreciate it!

Thanks!

Brittany Hallin

brittany.hallin@gmail.com

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Brittany:  Get a copy of "Drift Boats and River Dories"  by Roger L.Fletcher.  Stackpole Books.  This will give you a good start on your story.

Good Luck

I second that. Great for history and boat plans! You also may be able to get in contact with Mr. Fletcher himself via this site.

Wish I was more help, but Ill be heading out there for my first time this summer.

You should post what you end up writing so we can all appreciate it.

Good luck with the story.

Brittany, very cool that You have interest in these great boats;like the others said Roger has done extensive research and is a huge part of the boats you see on this site being restored to original or brought back to usable.try a search for his site riverstouch". Also You may want to look through the pictures on this site.Good luck.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service