Hello everybody. I am a new member & as yet not a wooden boat owner, this too shall change! As an avid fly fisherman, I have been searching for a small Pram that can be used for lake fishing here in  BC. Cost is a factor and therefore I plan to build myself. I am thinking that a simple "Stitch & Glue"  construction would be the way to go. I envision the following dimensions would fit the bill: LOA 8'. Beam 48"+ Weight - 55 -85lb. Easily rowed or used with small electric motor - oh yes, it has to be pure eye candy! (lol).

I have seen blogs and some reference to Prams  such as the Pass lake Pram that seems to have vanished - or a ref to "Port Ludlow Fly Fishing Club" having a design that was very popular - no reply from those folks?

I have seen some designs that have possibility but I  was wondering if any of the members would have recommendations / suggestions?

I appreciate any help that you can provide - Regards.

Views: 1932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve-O: Ok now I'm really intrieged! Do you have a plan name? Or where did you  buy the plans? I too like the Applegate Plans for the Tree frog  being new to building, how adaptable do you think they are?

Did you see this one the Sprite.http://jordanwoodboats.com/home.cfm?dir_cat=5066

Hi Duncan:

the plans i have are like the holy grail of pram building.  for years guys in the NW have been looking for these plans.  a friend of mine found a copy at a swap meet and i was lucky enough to get a copy.  if you are interested i can get a copy done for you at the local blueprint shop.  the only caveat is they are not very good on instruction.  i have been a woodworker for 30 yrs and i understand what they require.  if you are good with that let em know and i will get some to you. 

if you are a true novice, the applegate plans are the most complete i have seen for a pram. he details everything so you can be confident of what you are expected to do.

Hi Steve. Have you ever considered writing mystery novels?(LOL) I'm not bad with tools - but I don't want to put you to trouble or expense. Tell you what. When you get some pictures done let me know  so I can see the design & your build... based on your  description it sound like the ticket for me and would suit the lakes I fish here in BC.

Maybe from there I can beg for a copy & any notes you may have on the construction...

PS. I can provide you with my email as well should you wish..

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan:

I will be laying out the patterns this weekend and I should have my epoxy by Monday.  I am still conceptualizing what I want the interior to look like so it will be WIP.  Your email address will make this a faster process.  Mine is sbxster@gmail.com.

Later

Steve

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service