General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Bee's Wax

When I built my boat, I dipped each screw in wax before inserting into the wood... the wax seals it tight and "Bee's" wax won't discolor th…

Started by Greg Hatten

10 Nov 20, 2008
Reply by Greg Hatten

Floorboard Table

Hello, I was just thinking about something boat related (while I am supposed to be thinking about work)... When we were at the McKenzie boa…

Started by Jason Knight

2 Nov 12, 2008
Reply by Jason Knight

Drift boat repair question

I have a 16' wooden drift boat that is 10 years old. It has plastic sheeting on the bottom and 1 inch up the sides. I have removed this she…

Started by Estes Turner

3 Nov 4, 2008
Reply by Ken Helfrich

Greg, are you back from the Rogue? I'd love to hear a report.

I love the Rogue in the fall and haven't made it down there for a number of years. If you've made it home, please share some photos and a r…

Started by Randy Dersham

2 Oct 29, 2008
Reply by Randy Dersham

Filling brad holes

Question. When you are sanding out frames and other parts that have brad nail holes in spots - what do you fill those little holes with? Do…

Started by Jason Knight

2 Oct 28, 2008
Reply by Jason Knight

Someone put flowers on this boat!

When Randy agreed to take this bride and groom down the river after their wedding I'm pretty sure he didn't plan on the flowers. It was…

Started by Debbie Dersham

0 Sep 24, 2008

Coaching for the Rogue...

I'm taking my boat down the Wild & Scenic the third week of October... any "tips" on Blossum Bar or Coffee Pot?? Thanks. Greg H

Started by Greg Hatten

4 Sep 23, 2008
Reply by Greg Hatten

Hey! A new forum and social site for wooden boat builders

It is my hope that this site can provide a forum for traditional wooden boat building and discussion of incorporating new technique in a tr…

Started by Randy Dersham

2 Sep 22, 2008
Reply by Greg Hatten

The McKenzie in Oregon is blown out

Yup, it's been raining for about two weeks and the river has finally collected most of the run off. Yesterday it was running chocolate, tod…

Started by Randy Dersham

2 Oct 28, 2007
Reply by Randy Dersham

This is a second forum test... how about it?

With a photo at the front and a really big one at that. Is there anything that this social code can't do?

Started by Randy Dersham

0 Oct 18, 2007

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service