General Forum (1,913)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spray bottle oiling technique

After a wet Georgia summer I had some mildew on my boat. I got around to scrubbing it with peroxide last week and so needed to re oil all t…

Started by Bennett Yarbrough

0 Dec 15, 2018

TATMAN 2005

TATMAN SEAT IS SIGNED,  B. KERN 2005.  DOES ANYONE KNOW THE PERSON?  MAYBE DENVER AREA.  THANKS. MIKE

Started by MIKE PALMER

0 Dec 10, 2018

Grand Canyon Dory Question

Howdy, This is mostly directed towards all you seasoned dory GC'ers- I'm looking to maybe snag a great condition Don Hill 18x57 built in…

Started by Lucas Rietmann

4 Dec 3, 2018
Reply by Lucas Rietmann

Where do I start?

I have a tatman boat that I bought from a friend under the understanding that I would "fix it up." It's  in decent shape, the floor does le…

Started by greg myett

3 Nov 16, 2018
Reply by Rick Newman

Graphite for bottom

Hello all, I have applied my third layer of epoxy and 6 oz cloth to the bottom of my drift boat project. I am looking for information on th…

Started by JC Smith

5 Nov 7, 2018
Reply by Jayson Hayes

Dorf's Wooden Drift Boat

I just found this Forum the past week and was pleased to see all the interesting discussions. I have previously (2006) built and launched a…

Started by Phillip Westendorf

316 Nov 6, 2018
Reply by Phillip Westendorf

Convert to whitewater dory?

Since my first trip down the Grand Canyon in 1997 I've wanted a whitewater dory.  However, money and time have delayed the dream until now.…

Started by Jim Schnepel

39 Nov 2, 2018
Reply by Jacob McKissick

LOOKING FOR USED DRIFT BOAT TO BUY

GOOD AFTERNOON YALL, I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND ALSO NEW TO THE CONCEPT OF BUILDING OR REPAIRING DAMAGED WOODEN BOATS. I AM VERY MECHANICAL…

Started by Kevin

3 Nov 1, 2018
Reply by Kevin

Greg Tatman again ownes Tatman Boats

I have sold Greg Tatman boat designs and all intellectual property back to Greg. He is again planing to build  a few boats.  We will have t…

Started by Randy Dersham

5 Oct 22, 2018
Reply by Randy Dersham

Wood boat covers?

Just finished a restoration of an unknown 15.5’ x 6’ and I can’t keep her in the garage this winter. What is the best cover system for a lo…

Started by Dan Poole

8 Oct 11, 2018
Reply by Jonathan Clarke

RSS

© 2019   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service