HI all,

I don't use 5200 all that much.  Most of the time is use part of a tube to seal something then cap it and put it aside.  When I do go back to it, it has started to cure and I need to cut the corners of the bottom of the tube to get out the rest.

I currently have the need for a full tube but, I don't need to use it all at once.  I might use it over 8 weeks.

Here's a question.  Has anyone put an open tube in a fridge of freezer to try to prevent it from curing in the tube?  Any other ideas.

The stuff sure works but, it's also a pain to work with at times.

L

Views: 244

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Has anyone tried a seal a meal type vacuum sealer to store this kind of stuff, kind of like storing your paint cans with the lid side down to keep the air away from the seal.

Larry,

Try sticking a 4" nail into the nozzle.  It should be about as big as the opening.  You'll probably need to use a pliers to pull it out but it will be buried deep into the good stuff and pulls the partialy cure stuff out with it.  You can now squeeze it out with a gun.

Works for us.

AJ

We use exactly the same method as A.J. The extra long nail is what makes it work.

Thanks guys.

Good suggestion, should have thought of that one.

i like that one too.  stuff is like gold; i hate wasting it, and i love to read that other people have cut corners off the tubes as well.  i now try to just wait til i have a big enough project for a whole tube, which is definitely not a real solution.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service