We managed to get the boat wet a couple weeks ago... we floated a section of the AuSable River here in Michigan. We did pretty good on rainbows with a few browns mixed in. All the fish were "keeper" size but returned we our catch unharmed. We did a real long and productive float the first day - then waded the "The Holy" water section of the AS the second day.

I also wanted to mention we ran a caster in front of me and behind - both full size guys... and we floated over some shallow water that I could not believe we were not dragging bottom... The canoes next to us were dragging and I couldn't even get my oars in the water... but we cruised right over the gravel bars... waiting to hang up the whole time... but we made it. We did get hung up once but the water could only have been a couple of inches deep. I am impressed!

Here are a few pics of the action - good dry fly action - so we had a blast.

John was keeping the action going at the casting deck...

Feisty bow on a streamer...

"Holy Water" - you can see a TU "bunk" in the water... they really take care of this section.

"Holy Water" gravel... nice place.

Views: 513

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

on the white fly hatch I caught severl right where you just floated. they are the coolest looking fish ever. not sure how they got in there, most often crosses are caused in a hatchery setting not naturally.
It's cool to know there are some in that stretch - another reason for me to like it even more! haha

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service