Ladies and Gents,

Years ago, I saw a drift boat that had  a plank floor that was held in place with what looked like a spring loaded, quarter turn to lock or unlock, pin, that had a vertices rectangular housing that it locked into that was attached to various ribs.  The description is a little fuzzy, as is my memory, but I’m hoping someone will say, “Oh yeah, I know what he is talking about”.  Anyway, the idea is to have a way to quickly remove the flooring for cleaning purposes or to retrieve something dropped through the planks.

Thanks for the help,

Bill Dodson

Troy, Montana

Views: 160

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think you may be talking about cam indexing pins? I used straight ones to lock my rowers seat in place.

Howdy Bennett,

Thanks for the quick reply. The gadget I think I remember is more akin to something like a long version of the old Dzus fasteners that you see on smaller aircraft that was used to attach things like panels and the cowling to the airplane.

Bill D. 
Troy, MT

Hmm I don’t know then, I tried to use barrel bolts on my floor boards and it was a huge pain, ended up just screwing them down. There’s still a beer can and some flies under there but nothing I can’t live without

I assume the can is empty!


© 2023   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service