Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Pram Folding Portable Boat

Looking at starting another wooden boat. Pram design but designing where the boat can be taken in two parts or folding so as to transport i…

Started by Matt Beach in General Forum

2 Dec 11, 2010
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Half Lap Miters for Frame building?

This was just something I have been thinking about to really stream line frames.  But, the strength of the joint (due to nominal thickness…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

6 Dec 10, 2010
Reply by AJ DeRosa

Longboat...

32" wide bottom x 20' long... here ya go.   http://www.duckworksbbs.com/plans/jim/ozarkian/index.htm

Started by Riverman in General Forum

5 Dec 9, 2010
Reply by Jerry Thompson

Randy...About Duraback...

Randy, I know you have discussed the use of Cote-L or "Duraback" in the past, and I vaguely remember you saying that you use it on the insi…

3 Dec 8, 2010
Reply by Jordan Davis

Dream Boat

Although many of us are working on, thinking about, or have finished a boat recently, there's always "the next one".So... What would that o…

13 Dec 6, 2010
Reply by Randy Dersham

Favorite Rotary or Oscillating Tool

I am considering purchasing an oscillating tool of some kind, like a Rockwell or DremelI would be using it for cutting small notches (chine…

17 Dec 5, 2010
Reply by Jordan Davis

Help needed on High School project.

Hey gang,the local High School here is doing a Drift Boat class. I have been working with them a little over the phone mostly advise on mat…

Started by Mike Baker in General Forum

3 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Mike Baker

Drift Pram 1.0

Some of you know that I have been working on a new design.... well, nothing new really, but I'm working this one up from scratch.  Basicall…

Started by Dave Z in General Forum

12 Dec 1, 2010
Reply by mlwebb

Lowe's and Okuome and Meranti Plywood

Hey Guys, Just found out that you can order the plywood in many thickness from BLUELINX and pretty quick turn around. Don't have the dollar…

Started by Jeffery Wood in General Forum

5 Nov 30, 2010
Reply by Jerry Thompson

Nails verses Screws

I understand that ringshank nails hold as well a screws. What are the pros and cons of these fasteners for attaching the sides and bottom t…

Started by Jerry Thompson in General Forum

9 Nov 29, 2010
Reply by Randy Dersham

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service