Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Plywood options

Has anyone had any experence with or know anything about the Arauco plywood that is sold at Lowes? It specs as having exterior glue and is…

Started by Jerry Thompson in General Forum

4 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Kevin C.

Studded wading boots a must...

I am about to purchase my first drift boat and it shall be wood. However it will be used almost exclusively on the Deschutes River and thus…

Started by Michael stark in General Forum

6 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Michael stark

Waiting on a Trailer

Compared to some of the boats I have seen built on here, mine is pretty poor, but it is mine.  Thanks to all for the help and the invaluabl…

Started by Russ Tuter in General Forum

8 Nov 22, 2010
Reply by Russ Tuter

Cutting notches in the frames for chines?

Can anyone give me some advice as to the best technique for this.  i have some ideas but i am tired of racking my brain as to the best appr…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

4 Nov 20, 2010
Reply by Dave Z

Timber substitutes for an Australian build

So I'm going to build a 16' (or more correctly 4.88 meter) McKenzie River drift boat from scratch in Australia. This is going to present a…

Started by Scott Pattison in General Forum

2 Nov 19, 2010
Reply by Scott Pattison

Floor Boards

While waiting for The inside paint to cure, I thought I'd add my floor boards, before the seats and braces are in.  what makes the best flo…

Started by Russ Tuter in General Forum

16 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by Mike Baker

Progress Report- slightly stretched Trapper

Hi folks, Its been six months since I started this (my first) boat, thought I would post a few photos of my progress. Now that it is rainin…

Started by mlwebb in General Forum

3 Nov 18, 2010
Reply by mlwebb

New to WBP!

Hello all.  I wanted to introduce myself and start things right off with getting some opinions.I have built furniture and done framing in t…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

8 Nov 15, 2010
Reply by Jordan Davis

Boat Building Questions

Getting materials together for a boat now...  and have a few questions.   1.  It shows to cut the oak stem like a triangle...  3-3/4" on…

Started by Riverman in General Forum

4 Nov 14, 2010
Reply by Riverman

Roughed up by the Rogue

Boat Building Brothers... and SistersI need your help.  Last week I hit the Wild & Scenic Rogue and, as usual, it hit back!  Most of my…

Started by Greg Hatten in General Forum

14 Nov 13, 2010
Reply by Greg Hatten

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service