Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Double ender with transom--Working out the transom with 15' 9" side panels

Okay I scarfed 2  pieces of 8 foot plywood for my side panels and they are only 15' 91/2".  When I clamped in the frames to form the boat t…

Started by Neal Dettmering in General Forum

12 Nov 12, 2010
Reply by Roger Fletcher

Cygnus overhaul 2010

Hi everyoneI've not posted for a while as we've been doing a refit on Cygnus along with normal maintenance and antifouling etc. We had some…

Started by stewart haynes in General Forum

2 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Randy Dersham

Poor Guy Drift Boat

I'm not rich...   I have the plans to begin construction on my drift boat. I read here where a few boats were built for around $600... that…

Started by Riverman in General Forum

22 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Riverman

cedar strip canoe

Now that the drift boat is completed, I want to attempt a cedar strip canoe with steam bent ribs.  Looking for any information and links ou…

Started by Kenny Kent in General Forum

3 Nov 8, 2010
Reply by George Schmitt

14' Drift Boat

Looking for plans to build a 14' Drift Boat for one person most of the time. Maybe two people 10% of the time.   I don't need a full set of…

13 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Riverman

Replacing Sides Near Chine......? Help Needed!

So..... I like many new boat builders decided to rebuild/ refurb, rather than build new. I came to this conclusion based on a few constrain…

Started by Josh Sharp in General Forum

5 Nov 4, 2010
Reply by Randy Dersham

Rising Rogue

Well, old pal, this brings back memories.  I was there one July when river came up so fast we ran the fish ladder instead of lining it!  Li…

Started by David Jensen in General Forum

0 Nov 1, 2010

Oar Repair

The finish on the blade tips of my oars is cracked and chipped off in a number of places from all the rock-hits in our low-rivers this summ…

Started by John Greenleaf in General Forum

3 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by mitchell

Oak Bow Stem

Such a simple question for you experienced boat builders... but not for an old first time builder.   I have a new set of Don Hill 16' plans…

3 Oct 30, 2010
Reply by Riverman

I'm so thankful...

I'm so thankful that I found this forum... I'll read every post over time.   I simply can't afford to buy a drift boat kit, so I ordered so…

4 Oct 29, 2010
Reply by Riverman

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service