Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Drift Boots

I can't help but share this. A fella from Sackville, New Brunswick (CA) responded to my venture into drift boats as coffee tables. He wrote…

Started by Roger Fletcher in General Forum

9 Oct 12, 2010
Reply by michael chnya

Messing with Varnish

Anyone try altering a varnish? It is basically a solvent (turpentine) and a mixture of oils (china tree oil, tung oil and linseed oil) and…

Started by Dave Z in General Forum

11 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Chris Anderson

wrap on blades

I have seen in photos what looks to be rope wrapped oar blades.  Is this something that can be done and if so is it beneficial?

Started by Bryan Bowers in General Forum

1 Oct 11, 2010
Reply by Rick Newman

7' pram for sale

saw it listed on ifish.net on their"boats and tackle for sale" board and thought of you all. Looks like a nice wooden boat and very inexpen…

Started by mitchell in General Forum

1 Oct 10, 2010
Reply by Rick Newman

Crooked Transom

I recently purchased an older wooden drift boat and the transom has become crooked at some point.  It appears that it was do to either fill…

Started by Nick Chambers in General Forum

5 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by Brad Dimock

All Smiles

"The Book" arrived today. Now the dreaming really starts.

Started by twoblacklabs in General Forum

3 Oct 7, 2010
Reply by twoblacklabs

Novice Questions

I recently purchased a 10ft plywood dinghy. I am trying to determine the best way to repaint the outside of the boat. The boat is 7 years o…

Started by Tristan C. in General Forum

4 Oct 6, 2010
Reply by Tristan C.

oar lock location along the gunwale.

My current project is not a wooden boat but, I was wondering if I could ask for favor from some of you. I am currently working on an all c…

Started by lhedrick in General Forum

2 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by lhedrick

oars

I'm over hauling an old drift boat, it's my first boat.  Might have done better to just start from scratch and build one but I didn't, I bo…

Started by Mark Cerny in General Forum

11 Oct 4, 2010
Reply by Mark Cerny

finaly started

I have been thinking, talking about building a boat for several years.  Attended the 2009 boat show with my wife and that only made it wors…

Started by Russ Tuter in General Forum

9 Oct 3, 2010
Reply by twoblacklabs

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service