2015 McKenzie River Wooden Boat Festival BBQ and Parade Float

I am pleased to report that we will once again have a Friday night picnis on the 24th of April at Eagle Rock Lodge. We will start to gather around 4:30 PM to light up the BBQ and see what the weather is doing.

Bring your meat or vegetables to grill and something to share with the group. I have no idea how many will show up, the more the merrier. AJ, if you want to bring some oysters again that would be great! Bring your favorite refreshments and your best boating stories.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone!

We will once again have the Annual McKenzie River Parade and Float. Greg Hatten is flying just to wrangle the float!

Drift boaters need to bring their boats to the Finn Rock Landing boat launch site early enough to get their vehicles shuttled (for free) and have their boats ready to float by 10 AM. 

We then float as a group down to Eagle Rock Lodge. There the boats will be beached and become part of the display at the McKenzie River Wooden Boat Festival.

At the conclusion of the display we will transport your trailer down to the beach so you can retrieve your boat.

We need a couple of volunteers to drive garden tractors to assist in moving boats to the lawn and trailers to the boats when the event is over. Contact Rick Newman or Randy Dersham.

Views: 440

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's a few pictures from previous floats to get you excited.

Rick Newman

Any suggestions as to where to pick up a potluck item locally?

The prior evening we will be in Yreka. We travel with ice and coolers.

Ants

There's a grocery store about 10 miles down stream, I have never been in it so I can't comment on what they have. If you are coming through Springfield or Eugene there should be plenty of opportunities for food. I live eight hours north an am not very familiar with the stores in the area. Perhaps a local can make a suggestion.

Rick Newman

I guess I forgot about the stores in larger towns like Springfield. There are numerous bakeries and delis. The bakeries have an initial advantage since I can get an idea of their menu and reserve an item for pickup. The delis do not post online menus so it may less predictable for a drive-by encounter.

However, if anyone has suggestions- it may make our choices easier.

Thanks.

Ants

Market of Choice on Franklin Blvd. in Eugene.  Great bakery, meat, fish, and take outs.  Also great wine and beer.

Thank you!

Ants

Hatten, where are you?  What have you become?

Ha - sorry - just saw this tonight "AFTER" the Boat Festival.  "I have become"..... the Father of the Bride for the last time.  My youngest daughter got married last weekend and I have been a bit .... hmmmmm "preoccupied".  Sorry for beging "away".  Good to see you today, as always.  Hope we have a chance to float together sometime..... or just have a beer..... or "both".

See you on the river!!

GH

Sounds like so much fun. I hope to go to this sometime.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service