2016 Wooden Boat Outing and Float June 11th, Newago Mi.

I know this is the other side of the country but thought I would throw it out there.

First annual outing we hope will grow each year, put together through the MichiganSportsman.com website. Looks like a very small group at this point.

Just in case anyone is around or wants to travel a little, Dorf and myself have put together a outing for next weekend, centered at the Ed Henning campground in Newago Mich. I`ll be there Fri afternoon thru Sun morning.

Sat morning 8am-9am we will meet at Thornapple and float the Crown Jewel labeled Muskegon River from Thornapple to the Henning campground, about a 6 hr float. Dorf has rented the group site at the boat launch at Henning (the take out ramp) for Sat/Sat night that up to 20 people can spend the night on. In the evening we will display boats at the group site and have a cookout with burgers, brats and some fixins.

This is a nice but smaller campground with electric and showers. There is also the Gray Drake Lodge close by that offers first class accommodations and fine dining.

If by chance anyone wants more info just ask.

Views: 588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We had a decent group that was going to come, but then the weather service posted thunder storms a couple days before and everyone canceled, or just didnt show up. Turned out we did have winds and a storm Fri night, but it stopped around 5am and turned into a awesome cloudy morning turning into bright sun for the rest of the day. The river was beautiful and pretty clear water. Thats how it goes here.

So we did everything we could to try to get a outing together, oh well

Didnt get many pics. Caught alot of small fish.

Here comes the DNR, expecting to have to show my fishing license...just asked about my boat, said very nice, and did ask if I was keeping any fish to which I said nope... and they took off

Couldnt get the fish in the water with the phone in the sun. Cool Michigan fishing town, all the street lights look like lanterns

Good job guys! The best laid plans often go astray. Next years will be even bigger and better. I hope I can attend one day.

Rick

Two boats make a float, it's not easy to get participants for these events.  Keep your head up, more will show up next time.  Looks like a nice river and the boats look great.

Mark

Looks like fun. Beautiful boats, wow.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service