I'm building a 16' drift boat on the cheap...real cheap.  I've found a bunch of old 2x4's.  Can I use these for the frames or will that be way too heavy for the boat? Can I just screw those 2x4s together and call it good? I am willing to accept that this is a crazy idea. -Thanks for any advice!

Views: 4895

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Kelly,

Just took a look at all your photos of the project.  That is some outstanding and I might add outragious work.

From my persepctive you are now at the top of the list of all builders and posters to this forum.  I can't wait to see what your next project will be.  

Ever thought about building a airplane?

L

LOL!  I have.  Though the strength to weight ratio of drift plywood it highly questionable.

The timelapse of the drift boat made of driftwood 2x4's has been published on Vimeo.  Enjoy!! Thanks for all of your help.

-Kelly

http://vimeo.com/31779468

Kelly, I want to be like you when I grow up. I still do not understand why we have not been allowed to meet.
Wonderful concept, lovely boat, fabulous video, and inspiring creativity and drive to make all that happen. Keep pushing on the accelerator.

This is just friggen awesome, love it!

Mike

Unbelievable, cheers to the bachelorette and Sebastian!  That is pure talent and creativity at its finest. 

Rock On Kelly.

That is inspirational and very well done.  Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service