I just bought a 1957 Dunphy and the single horn that was original to the boat does not have all the connections it needs to work.  I have attached pictures of what is currently on the boat but I need help figuring out how they supplied air to these horns and any connections I might be missing.  Basically there is a pull know on the dash of the boat that you pull and that knob is connected by a wire to a valve on the horn.  but no air source is hooked up and it looks like all you need is a Compressed CO2 canister screwed on it but I bought a can and tried but the connection at the bottom of the horn will not connect to the can correctly.  Any help is appreciated.

Views: 156

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

While the site is named woodenboatpeople.com the focus is on wooden drift boats. From time to time we might have knowledge of other boat subjects. In you case you might find more information on woodenboatforum.com where they do more with power boats and sailing craft.

I wonder if modern air horns use the same connection and require an actual compressor to operate, possibly something that is engine driven. Might be worth a try.

Thanks for the direction, I will check them out.

Good luck!

Rick N

http://www.boatdesign.net/forums/wooden-boat-building-restoration/a...

do some searching around there,you should find what you need.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service