So this 30lb anchor is pretty tough to pull with just the Dierks setup. A guy suggested adding a pulley to the anchor and running the rope up to a eye bolt on the arm. Before I drill a hole in the arm I thought I might run this past the pros!!

The other thing is I picked this pulley up from Tractor supply, it has a pin to remove the pulley to thread the rope, handy, but the quality seems pretty lacking being zink. Any ideas where to get a quality pulley?

Views: 324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of the major builders (Pavati I think) runs a setup like this. Pros; easier to pull up the anchor Cons; you have to pull twice as much rope and you will have two ropes in the water possibly creating more sway when anchored and maybe some issues with twisting or tangling. Sailboat pulleys are high quality.

Mike

Don Hills web site offers Dierks systems. http://www.dhdriftboats.com/dierksanchorsystems.html I am sure there are other sources too. Mike B is right 1/2 the effort twice the rope!

Rick N

Ive got the complete system Rick. Just looking to lighten the load on the pull. Most of the time I`m dropping the anchor in just a few ft of water, and letting out maybe 10 ft. of rope. I might have to try this setup next float. I`m gonna drill a hole and bolt a eye bolt to the arm.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service