Looking for updates on McKenzie River & Invasive Stickers

To all you wonderful folks that live along the McKenzie River I'm hoping you will comment on current river conditions and any unusual river conditions us out-of-towners should know about.

Secondarily it's probably a good time to remind those coming in from out-of-state about Invasive Species Permits. Where to get them, how much they cost and if they are needed if your boat has never been in the water. If I remember right there is usually someone visiting the parade to assist or enforce this. Again will the locals comment to provide current and accurate information.

PS I still need to know if anyone can assist with helping guide people to parking spots, run shuttles and drive lawn tractors to move trailers at the end of the day. The more folks that can help the less time everyone needs to contribute.People start arriving about 8 am.

Rick Newman

Views: 110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Invasive Species card is $7.  I believe you can buy one anywhere you can buy an Oregon fishing license.  I get mine at Bi-Mart which is at the intersection of I- 105 and the McKenzie Hwy, a location that all from the North, South, or West will pass.  I am also pretty sure you can get them at the Vida Market which is about 8 miles West of the festival on the McKenzie Hwy.  The market telephone is 541 896 3261.  It also has a good selection of local craft brews.  Those of us living on and around the McKenzie are looking forward to seeing you at Eagle Rock Lodge.

McKenzie River Level at Vida

You can click on the above link to see the trend in the river levels.  Things are looking very good for this week.  Warm weather and sunshine are the forecast and we expect the river to be spring levels as they are today which is similar to years in the past.  An extra foot of water in the river makes the water friendly with only the one splashy hole near Clover Point getting you wet. 

The ISP's can be purchased at the County Story in Rainbow or in the Market at Vida.  Each is within ten miles of Eagle Rock Lodge in case you don't pick one up at a larger store somewhere else in the state.  As David mentioned, they are $7.00.

Rick, one of our neighbors has agreed to help with parking.  Many people ask if they can help as they arrive so I will make sure to send them your way.  The more the better.  Parking is our #1 need.  Thank you all and I'll see you this Saturday.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service