It's great to see the McKenzie Wooden Boat Festival posted in this most recent issue of WoodenBoat Magazine, page 103, including the parade from Finn Rock to Eagle Rock. You started a great thing, Randy. Kudos to you and all others who help make the event happen. Randy, Sandy, Rick et al -- send up a smoke signal if you need any help this year.

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you Roger. 

Yes the show is again on McKenzie River opening day of trout season on April 28th. 

I'll need all the help I can get.  It's very comforting to know that the regulars like Cascade Family Flyfishers, and others, like you Roger, know how and where to set up. Rick Newman has been a big help in the past and Greg Hatten has herded boats at the launch of the morning float. And of course many members of the McKenzie River Guides Association are a HUGE help.

This year the McKenzie River Trust will be there with some educational material on river management and I'm hoping all of our old friends are there as well.  I think the two Keith Steele re-enactment boats will be there.  I'll be leaving the Grand Canyon and the boat on April 1st at a bit more than the half way mark.  Greg and the rest of the Washington  Wooden Boats Afloat group will be coming off the Colorado about a week and a half later so it's a little dicey on if they make it back to Oregon before the 28th.  I guess that depends on how well rested they are.  

It's going to be a great show this year.  I hope to see a bunch of you there.

Randy, as always you can count on me to be there. Bring on the tasks, I am happy to do anything needed.  Friday night dinner, whatever. My boat is progressing and I am committing myself publicly to have it ready to go and to float the McKenzie with it.

Rick Newman

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service