HI, I have a 1956 Whirlwind 14 foot mahogany boat.  The boat has some hull damage and needs repaired. I would like to find someone in the Butler/Pittsburgh area that has the expertise to restore it.  Thanks Dan

Views: 484

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dan, I am glad to see you joined us. You might also want to check out www.woodenboatforum.com . They do more with boat's like yours. Both our driftboats and your boat are obviously made of mahogany and such but the construction and repair techniques are quite different. I spend many hours on there too and have seen some nice restorations done on boats similar to yours on there. Try the building and repair forum.

Rick Newman

Good morning,  Thanks so much for the reply. I am searching the site now for info. 

Dan

Dan, Good luck with your search. When driftboats get mentioned on their site they are unsure of what to do with them so knowledgeable members send them here. One would think that wooden boats are wooden boats, as I'm sure you are finding there are multiple types of boat construction techniques. I have found that the more I learn, the things I haven't learned are more numerous. I'll look for your posts over there too.

Good luck,

Rick Newman

HI,  I just got connected with Villaageboatshop in lawrence pa.  Thanks again for the advice.  I am sending him pictures so we can discuss the repair.

Dan

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service