I am new to the group and was wondering if anyone has experience with gluing it the scarfed plywood with a urea formaldehyde product like circa 1850 plastic resin? I used it to glue my frames and it seems pretty bombproof.

Views: 87

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm familiar with Resorcinol, another urea formaldehyde product. Unlike epoxy, it requires a tight fit a high clamping pressure, something that may be tough when scarfing a wide piece of plywood. If you're set on using it do some tests beforehand, or use the tried and true epoxy method. 


© 2020   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service