It was a great day to celebrate wooden boats on the McKenzie and once again, Randy and Debbie hosted a fantastic event.  Blue sky, lots of boats, big crowd, cold beer, and hot dogs... awesome.  Here's a preview of many pics and video's we'll be posting in the coming days. Thanks Randy & Debbie - you guys are incredible!!

GH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EQFWL7Ke0_A

Views: 272

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the teaser!! Sorry to have missed everyone up on the McKenzie, looks like a great time was had by all
Wasn't quite the same without the Cathy Jean....  next year perhaps??

I'll second the thank you to Randy and Debbie, it was a lovely event. Nice talking to folks from WBP, and a bunch of beautiful boats.

Michael

It was great to see your boat up close, Michael.  You did a great job on it!!
Wow! Great video! Sorry to miss you all this year. Maybe next year with book and boat in tow? We shall see! Thanks agian to Randy and Debbie for doing this! Yours, tom
Wish you could've been here - loved seeing that little GEM in action!!  I'll be in touch - Randy and I are going to start our boats "soon" - we agreed to start right after the "Festival".  GH
looks like the weather cooperated after so many crummy days...wished I could have made it out with my restored keith steele and my holstrum inspired first boat but 20 days in the Grand did me in for spring travels...looking forward to next year already.Hope you all can make it out to the Snake River show Memorial Day weekend.Tom,met a friend of yours on my Grand trip,Craig from Meadview ,had a great time hearing his stories and advise he had to offer,as well as entertaining his client with our outrageous group antics....
I talked with AJ and told him I'm hoping to make it to the Snake Show this year... hope to see you there.  GH

Greg - thanks for your talent and dedication.

Super thanks to Debbie and Randy for the best festival in the universe!!

Greetings to all: I have to add my thanks and appreciation to Randy, Debbie, Sanderson and his slave. Once again you did a great job. It was wonderful to participate. I got to meet many of the "older timers" and had a great time taling to them. What a wonderful gathering, wish we could do it once a month!. It was outstanding to see all the boats afloat and then displayed on the lawn. Looked like the Easter Rabbit brought great big wooden Easter Eggs to all that visited. Hope to make it back to Spokane tonight and back to my camera's download cord so I too can add pictures. I can't wait to see the other pictures and videos. I bet you are too Greg. Was that a golden Easter Egg that the Easter Bunny brought you?

I got to meet an entire new group of people and share stories with them. Thanks again for putting on the Festival.

Regards,

Rick Newman

Ditto to all the kudos. For those that didn't make it, Ya shudda been dere! Glorious weather, glorious boats, great people, excellent vittles and beer, and superb hosts. A great day indeed.

Thank you all and special thanks to Rick Newman for wrangling Friday dinner, Greg with the  boat float, Ken Helfrich, Steve Schafers, Douglas Caven and all the other McKenzie Guildes that put on luch and the Cascade Family Flyfishing crew for the fly tying and casting demos. 

Great day, great community event and a lot of people that pitch in to make it happen. 

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service