Well it's time for another progress report.
Here are some images of the boat progress from the past couple days.
Started building the ever-important rowers seat... dry fit everything and drilled the holes for the rope pipes. Made sure everything was looking square. I will probably return to this later and glue it up - then get is rough sanded.
Then I moved my operation to the garage. Which I managed to keep comfortably warm all day : )
I was preoccupied with getting the hull started.
- Managed to get a coat of epoxy on both sides.
- Took a belt sander to the sides when they were clamped together to make sure they were exactly the same shape.
- Mark the lines for the frame locations on the inside of the panels.
- Attach the stem to one panel.
- Mark the locations for the transom screws on both panels.
So my next move is to start shaping the hull and installing frames.
(Hopefully later this week...)
The last image is courtesy of northern Michigan. wow.
Thanks for looking!
I mean... What else could you possibly need?