Well I am finally done with the bottom of the boat! I am happy with the results and ready to turn the boat over...
I installed the the false stem and chine caps. The chine caps proved to be a bit of a challenge as I am working alone... but after some negotiating they went on without too much trouble...
After the chine was on - I filled the gap between the chine and the rounded fiberglass bottom with EZ Fillet (that stuff is pretty easy to work with - and takes mixing thickeners out of the equation for a nice fillet). So after that was cured I applied two final flow coats of epoxy/graphite to the entire bottom. I like the look of the black bottom.
I put the rub rails on too. Now it's starting to look like a drift boat...
The spacing of the nails on the rub rail in relation to the side panel nails is off - but since I am painting the boat - I didn't give it much worry.
Trimmed the excess chine at the stem and transom flush - and called it a wrap for the weekend.
Here are some pics I took while working.
Thanks for looking!