General Forum (2,010)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Just another run of the mill meranti boat

Boat is coming along nice. I got bored this afternoon and decided to varnish the exterior. Looks pretty nice. I put the bottom on over the…

Started by Dave Z

8 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Jesse Ronnow

The Casting Deck

Does anyone have any tricks for matching the curve in the hull to the curve in on the casting deck. I am totally stumped. Thanks in advanc…

Started by Jesse Ronnow

4 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Jesse Ronnow

In need of direction

Hi everyone, My name is Chris and I have been a guide and casting instructor for many years in Redding, CA. I got out of the industry roug…

Started by Chris King

7 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

Filler after primer?

I have a good coat of primer down on my boat. I have sanded/epoxied/quick faired the snot out of it. However, there are some screw holes ex…

Started by Craig

2 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Randy Dersham

fiberglass in the interior

so I have been toying with the idea of glassing the floor on the inside. I know that it would not look the best, but I think that I prolong…

Started by Brad

2 Mar 25, 2009
Reply by Brad

Traditional seat back

How much do you angle the seat backs to make them comfortable? I've got Roger's most excellent book but can't find any advice on that matte…

Started by jb

5 Mar 24, 2009
Reply by jb

plywoood scarf joints

I am building a 18' drift boat and am wondering if anyone knows how to scarf the bottom 1/2 ply? I can do the lengthwise scarf, but I need…

Started by Bryan McDade

10 Mar 21, 2009
Reply by Dave Z

Owyhee River Info Needed!

Some boating buddies and I are trying to plan a Rome to Birch Creek float somewhere around the middle of May. None of us have ever been dow…

Started by Mike Dearing

8 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by Mike Dearing

Boat Repairs in the Field?

I asked TJ a question about the repairs he made to his boat after an accident he had on the way to the river, but this got me thinking, doe…

Started by Mike Dearing

13 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by Herb Jacobsen

Deeks

Randy, You mentioned... last week I think, that you were in contact with the new distributor for Deeks. Any word on testing? And if all go…

Started by Jesse Ronnow

11 Mar 20, 2009
Reply by Dave Z

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service