Hey guys,

I have been slowly working on this boat and thought I would share a few pics of the progress. Thanks for the guidance thus far Dave! A few details of the build so far:

• CVG Doug Fir Framing

• Meranti Sides

• Fiberglass bottom (done the same way as my previous boat with a rounded bottom edge wrapped in glass then chine cap applied to restore hard chine edge - let the debates begin lol)

I think this boat will be painted... not sure yet.

Here are a few random pics I have taken along the way. More to come once the boat gets turned over and the interior work gets going.

Let me know what you think.

Views: 7150

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Chris, 

They are usually found at Boat Dealers, West Marine Stores, and just about any place that sells boating stuff.  Here's a link to Jamestown Dist. who can sell you one also.

http://www.jamestowndistributors.com/userportal/show_product.do?pid... 

They are a bit pricey, I recall spending consideraly less a couple of years ago for one, like in the $12-15 range.

Hope this helps.

Dorf

Hey Jason, Mike here, I ran into you last year at the burnt cabin launch, you were doing a short float with your buddy.

Trying to do a wood boat float outing on the Mo in Newago again this spring, maybe you could come?

Bottom is done.

Looking good Jason. I hope to see it in person soon.  Maybe we can get all of them together! Its a sweet boat.

Thanks Dave. Yeah it would be cool to get them together in the fall!

A bit more progress... I attached the outer and inner handrails this weekend.

Worked on shaping the small transom close to its final dimension. I made an oak spacer block at the transoms. I still need to drill and bolt the rail in, it's glued in right now.

Here are a few pics.

Nice work!

Rick N

Don't mean to rain on everybody's parade, but those scarfs look a little bit short to my eye in the photos. 8/1 is the minimum taper ration, which means 3" of bevel for 3/8 plywood. I personally shoot for 10 or 12/1 for maximum strength and fairness of the side panels.

I'll get out the umbrella, those look 3" to me which would be a 12/1 on the 6mm Jason is using.

Haha. Yes 3" scarf in a 6 mil. panel. Was it raining?! :-)

Hasn't rained for weeks! LOL

Jason, 

I especially like the clean look of the Transom to the Sheer Rails.  Nice Job there, keep up the good work and keep sharing your pictures.

Dorf

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service