Who has build going on right now? I'm just starting a new 17 footer.

Views: 1231

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thank you!

Rick

Damm!  Nice lookin Flys Rick.

thanks, send me the pictures of the flies you had a hard time with. I would like to see them.

Rick

Rolling in the wood boat, and using Traditional Flies!!  Cool.  

Mike,

Bout time to start working on those big flys from the fellow last June on the Muskegon.  I tried from the pictures I took but they didn't turn out all that well.

Dorf

Just getting warmed up tying again. After the holidays I`ll hit it hard. Havent messed with the hairs yet, heres a gray ghost streamer

Back in the summer, I thought I wanted to build a 14' Rapid Robert.  After a good deal of thought, I decided to build a design similar to the boats used on Appalachian Streams of Arkansas and Missouri.  I felt this style boat would work well on the tailwaters I most often fish and it would give me more building experience to later build a western styled drift boat.  I haven't posted a build thread because I felt this boat might not be appropriate for this site.  Here's how it sits now.  About ready for the Epoxy/Graphite on the bottom.

nice greg, are you going to have it powered I assume?

Bennett,  

It's built with a 15 degree transom so that a small outboard can be used.  The bottom is symmetrical front and rear, so the hull is not designed to run on plane.  I have a 2-1/2 hp outboard I will use to push back up some of the tailwaters I fish.  I'm setting it up with oars and will drift it.  The motor will in some cases eliminate the need for a shuttle and in other cases allow me to drift and fish a section of river multiple times if I want to.  There will also be times that I won't have a need for the motor.  It's 15'8" with a 34" bottom and 50" beam.

Awesome, I see you're near Guntersville, I've got family in the area, the Sheltons and Edwards. You heading up into east tennessee for trout and local tailwaters for stripers?

Yes.  Mainly been fishing the Caney Fork for trout.  I did fish the Elk a couple of times this year.  Planning to do some Musky and Smallmouth fishing on the Collins as well.  I'm also planning to check out the Clinch, South Holston, and Cumberland this coming year.

The collins is an awesome river, that boat will do well there

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service