General Forum (1,844)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New URL and getting back on track

Hello all,  The software that is used to create this site has gone through some changes in ownership. Now they seem dedicated to improvemen…

Started by Randy Dersham

9 Jan 18
Reply by Rick Newman

Port Ludlow Fly Fishing Pram

Here are a few pictures of the Port Ludlow, WA Fly Fishing Pram being built by Chris of Squim WA.  The build plans are availible for purcha…

Started by Arnold a. Koch

7 Jan 15
Reply by ronald britton

Barkley Sound Oars

Was all excited to order my oars from fisheries supply yesterday.  Upon checkout I noticed that they would charge me 200 dollars in surchar…

Started by Bennett Yarbrough

1 Dec 29, 2017
Reply by Mike Baker

Dorf's Wooden Drift Boat

I just found this Forum the past week and was pleased to see all the interesting discussions. I have previously (2006) built and launched a…

Started by Phillip Westendorf

313 Dec 24, 2017
Reply by Mike Thomas

16' Double ender w/ transom

My first glimpse of a drift boat was on the Cal Salmon as a kayaker in the late 70s - i was intrigued by the way the boat rode through the…

Started by David Witton

176 Dec 13, 2017
Reply by David Witton

What is the pine tar for in the boat soup?

Clue less rookie here again...there seems to be no place in this part of Wyoming to buy any kind of marine oil finish so I am going to make…

Started by Pete Weisbeck

9 Dec 11, 2017
Reply by Brad Dimock

Restoring my first wooden drift boat, any help appreciated

Hi all, I just got my first wooden boat project, an old wooden drift boat. It's a double ender, 16 feet long by 70 inches at the gunnels. M…

Started by Kevin Reiten

4 Nov 6, 2017
Reply by Kevin Reiten

floor boards cantilever past the rib

I noticed in some photos that some floor boards are installed that extend past one of the ribs by what looks like 4 to 6" is there a reason…

Started by Robert Puckett

1 Nov 5, 2017
Reply by Mike Thomas

Rogue River Trip

I made the long trek from the East (Pennsylvania) to Oregon to meet up with Greg Hatten, Roger Fletcher, Randy Dersham, Jayson Hayes, Robb…

Started by Dave Z

2 Oct 30, 2017
Reply by Jayson Hayes

anchor winch plates

Here on the muskegon river we swing flies from our boats because the river doesn't have much wadable water. We pull anchor, drift 3ft. drop…

Started by Robert Puckett

7 Oct 24, 2017
Reply by Dave Z

RSS

© 2018   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service