General Forum (1,954)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Sande marine plywood--any comments?

I've been looking for a lighter alternative to Meranti plywood, and been discouraged from Okume by both price and reports of brittle explod…

Started by Brad Dimock

15 Aug 7
Reply by John Dobbelaere

Thanks for the add. Have read through quite a number of posts here... lots of great info and some impressive woodwork. Have owned a couple…

Started by Jon Stagnitti

6 Aug 7
Reply by Rick Newman

Bo's anchor system starting to slip

Does anyone know if bo is still around? I've sent an email and the phone numbers on the various websites I found aren't working. My ancho…

Started by Steve Jay

7 Aug 7
Reply by Rick Newman

Drift Boat Project #3

Here we go again. Taking a little road trip to Oregon this weekend to pick up a genuine piece of driftboat history – a 1960’s era Keith Ste…

Started by CWarmouth

135 Jul 31
Reply by CWarmouth

Baker 17x54 build

Well I'm building a 17 54 baker drift boat. So far I've got a pallet of expensive ply wood and one scarf cut

Started by Bennett Yarbrough

287 Jul 15
Reply by Bennett Yarbrough

Dorf's Wooden Drift Boat

I just found this Forum the past week and was pleased to see all the interesting discussions. I have previously (2006) built and launched a…

Started by Phillip Westendorf

333 Jul 9
Reply by Phillip Westendorf

Staying Alive at Home

Too many days to count. Still at home, staying inside, sheltering in place. Anybody getting out anywhere? Rick N

Started by Rick Newman

23 Jul 9

First build

Hi everyone, I'm just getting started.  I've gathered all the tools, read Fletcher's book about 6 times (so great), and read quite a lot of…

Started by Dusty

124 Jun 17
Reply by Dusty

Deks Olje

A few years ago my wife and I drove up from Mt Shasta, stayed at Randy's place on the MacKenzie, and attended the Driftboat Festival. It wa…

Started by Ron Fritzke

3 Jun 11

Old boat

Hi all, I picked up a burn pile boat and am going to fix it up. I am thinking of decking it over into a dory but will make the final call…

Started by Brian Wilson

1 Jun 9
Reply by Brian Wilson

RSS

© 2020   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service