Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Stem Material?

My plans from Spira call for a 2x6 board to be used.  After reading Fletcher's book (and the many comments on the subject from this website…

Started by Michael Rosso in General Forum

23 Mar 26, 2012
Reply by Michael Rosso

Stainless Rub Rail?

Hey, this may not be kosher, but I'm moving my reply in the "UHMW Chine Cap?" discussion and starting a new thread. But Rick Newman found a…

Started by Jack Rose in General Forum

10 Mar 24, 2012
Reply by Jack Rose

EPOXY vs POLY RESIN TEST RESULTS

Hello all - just finished a couple of tests last night and thought I would share the results.I used 2 pcs of 2' x 4' of 1/4" plywood.On 1 p…

Started by Greg Jensen in General Forum

6 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Greg Jensen

56" Wide Bottom troubles... A lesson is what NOT to do.

Hello all - ran into some problems this weekend when trying to fit my bottom that I thought I would share. My build has a 56" bottom and I…

Started by Greg Jensen in General Forum

2 Mar 23, 2012
Reply by Greg Jensen

UHMW Chine Caps?

I'm replacing my chine caps.  They we're pretty beat up after only one season.  I used a soft wood instead of a hard wood (or maybe I need…

Started by Ron Bakken in General Forum

21 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Jack Rose

Interior Bottom Paint

Greetings all,   After finishing my boat with the au naturel look of clear epoxy and polyurethane on the interior, I have decided I now wan…

Started by Dave Barnes in General Forum

0 Mar 22, 2012

Driftboat Trailer

Finishing a 16 footer with 52" wide bottom. Thinking of buying a 5X8 Utility trailer (Northern Tool) and modifying. Anybody do this and if…

Started by stephen ludwig in General Forum

9 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Dave Barnes

Masking frames before installing dreaded 5200 and bottom?

Well warm weather is back to  New Hampshire and the garage is warm enough for epoxy and adhesives! I am curious if anybody ever masks the f…

Started by Ray Cotnoir in General Forum

7 Mar 22, 2012
Reply by Rick Newman

plywood

Just wanted to get an opinion on using 7/16 plywood for the bottom?  I found a local mill that has some 7/16 ab marine fir that they will s…

Started by Thomas Hood in General Forum

11 Mar 20, 2012
Reply by Rick Newman

Stem Details

I've searched the forums for info but just can't seem to find an answer. The plans I have don't give much detail for the stem (see attached…

Started by Rick Wilson in General Forum

8 Mar 19, 2012
Reply by Michael Rosso

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service