Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

dory design software?

Hoping that someone on here has found a solution for my quandary... I've been working on combining lines from a Mckenzie double-ender and…

Started by Ben A. Hayes in General Forum

6 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Jason Knight

McKenzie Wooden Boat Festival

It's great to see the McKenzie Wooden Boat Festival posted in this most recent issue of WoodenBoat Magazine, page 103, including the parade…

Started by Roger Fletcher in General Forum

2 Feb 16, 2012
Reply by Rick Newman

Skid Plate Questions

Hey, I've finally gotten back to my bottom replacement project (Tatman, 16').  The new bottom is on (actually took it for a spin, last week…

Started by Jack Rose in General Forum

20 Feb 15, 2012
Reply by Randy Dersham

Drift Boat Kits

Just wondering if anyone knows what is happening to the Drift Boat Kit industry? McKenzie (Tatman), others? I can't seem to locate on-line…

Started by Chris Anderson in General Forum

5 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Chris Anderson

fasteners and waterproofing..

Greetings all, I'm a first time boat builder and tend to read myself stupid before I begin any endeavor.  Having just begun construction on…

Started by Michael Rosso in General Forum

15 Feb 14, 2012
Reply by Don Hanson

Spare oar?

Well it is another weekend in Montana and for a change the snow is flying! The refinishing and overhaul of the boat continues and I am wait…

Started by Roger Rippy in General Forum

9 Feb 12, 2012
Reply by Jason Knight

Superply

Anyone have any thoughts or experience using a plywood called superply? It's listed as a marine ply with good number of plys. And the price…

Started by Dave P in General Forum

5 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Plywood thickness

Greetings I'm just getting started on my first driftboat.  I'm working off of plans that I purchased from Spira International.  I chose the…

Started by Michael Rosso in General Forum

18 Feb 10, 2012
Reply by Michael Rosso

Cutting Transoms Question???

I am to the point where I am cutting the transoms for my skiff and I was just wondering what the consensus was for the best way to cut the…

Started by Andrew in General Forum

5 Feb 8, 2012
Reply by tungsten

Frame Angles & Bevels

I finally am getting around to starting on the 16 ft dbl w/transom, using Rodger's book for the plan. My question is concerning the measure…

Started by Dave P in General Forum

10 Feb 7, 2012
Reply by Dave P

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service