Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

1/2" Sufficient for floor boards?

The title says it all.  Is 1/2" sufficient for floor boards with ribs every 18" o/c...?  I am mulling over a couple of floor board ideas as…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

10 May 11, 2011
Reply by chris towles

oarlock source?

where do y'all get the dainty sized brass oarlocks?  Plenty of burly whitewater oarlocks available, but I'm having a bit of difficulty find…

Started by Jeff Peak in General Forum

3 May 10, 2011
Reply by Dan Hooper

Progress with the Don Hill R&R in Lyle-Land.

Things are moving along on this current project, with the outside now done.  Upright now.  The carriage bolts/cap nuts in the gunwale/fra…

Started by Don Hanson in General Forum

3 May 8, 2011
Reply by Terry E Walsh

A little too much sanding.

Hi all enjoy the forum, As the title says I've sanded a little too much on the bottom of my boat and have hit the glass in a few spots(whit…

Started by tungsten in General Forum

1 May 8, 2011
Reply by Terry E Walsh

Galvanized Rope ring?

I am restoring a Don Hill boat.  As I tried to remove the bow ring, the shaft of the through bolt through the stem broke right off with l…

10 May 8, 2011
Reply by Don Hanson

"Soft Chine"? Anyone ever built one?

When I was doing some boats in the past, I did up a design-model of a dory that I never got around to building, one with a soft chine.   …

14 May 6, 2011
Reply by Randy Dersham

T-88 Epoxy to Fill end grains? Yah or Nah?

I have a tube of System 3 T-88 that I was going to use to glue up my lengths of wood for the sides, chines etc. primarily because it is eas…

Started by Andrew in General Forum

8 May 1, 2011
Reply by Eric Loudenslager

cutting the scarf

Last week a friend started working on a new boat in the same shop I work in.  He started by cutting the scarf on the 1/4 plywood.  I clampe…

Started by lhedrick in General Forum

19 Apr 30, 2011
Reply by Jeremy Christensen

Installing rock guards (trailer tire guards...)

I did an extensive search in the forums and didn't see an answer regarding this question.  I did read that the rock (or tire) guards are no…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

1 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by Kevin C.

Spruce Oars

I'm looking for a nice pair of spruce oars, I know a bunch of you have them but I don't know where you get them, I am looking for suggestio…

Started by Dan Burr in General Forum

20 Apr 29, 2011
Reply by Bill Neal

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service