Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Guy intro and couple of questions(long post)

Great forum.     I currently have a project refreshing a 17'  Don Hill boat for a client.  This is my first experience with a commerciall…

Started by Don Hanson in General Forum

5 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Don Hanson

Chine Batten, Gunwhale Rails..Size?

I am curious what all of your thoughts are on the sizing of these and what they generally are, and if any of you who have experience have t…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

4 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Mike Baker

Attaching Gunnels

I am starting to think about how I am going to attach the gunnel on my boat. I dont plan on using spacers between the inner & outer gun…

Started by Andrew in General Forum

1 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Anybody ever streighten a crooked oar ?

Hey guy's/Gals,    I just got my first set of oars for my newly home built Kingfisher (its not quit finished yet). I got them from a loca…

Started by Mike Collier in General Forum

1 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Wooden Boat Festival 2011 - Thanks

It was a great day to celebrate wooden boats on the McKenzie and once again, Randy and Debbie hosted a fantastic event.  Blue sky, lots of…

Started by Greg Hatten in General Forum

27 Apr 28, 2011
Reply by Jayson Hayes

Rear Knee Brace

Just wondering if any one out there has an interesting solution for a rear knee brace, I don't like the arch gunnel to gunnel brace, I'm lo…

Started by Dan Burr in General Forum

26 Apr 27, 2011
Reply by Mike Collier

Checking for leaks

I am restoring an old mackenzie (1st attempt at wooden boat work) and was wondering about checking for leaks. Best I can figure is just tak…

Started by Mike Crouch in General Forum

2 Apr 27, 2011
Reply by justin nicola

to abrade or to sand fully, that is the question

i now have a coat of epoxy on the entire hull, inside and out.  getting ready to varnish.  my question:   can i abrade the epoxy or do i ne…

Started by justin nicola in General Forum

0 Apr 27, 2011

Butt Joint

I know the common method of joining 2 sheets of plywood is the scarph joint but I am considering using a blocked butt joint.   From what I…

Started by Andrew in General Forum

11 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by Andrew

chine batten repair

I discovered some rot in a white oak chine batten and the photos show the result. I have built a Ray's kit which had all the scarfing done…

Started by Stephen Blalock in General Forum

1 Apr 26, 2011
Reply by Jack Billings

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service