Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

help for plan

Hi, Some years ago I bought plans from spira. I kickly made the squeleton of the boat and stop the project to build my home. Now the home i…

Started by Fabrice BOUCHER in General Forum

14 Apr 14, 2011
Reply by Fabrice BOUCHER

Epoxy or 3M-5200

After creating my scarfed plywood should I epoxy them together or should I use something like 3M-5200 to put them together?  Please be as s…

Started by Daniel Martin Romano in General Forum

6 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by Dave Z

Trailers

Looking at used trailers. I noticed that drift boat trailers typically have about a 1200 lbs limit. I am looking at a ski doo trailer that…

Started by Ben Kittell in General Forum

13 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by justin nicola

Headed out west!

Hi All,   I am headed out to Colorado for a job transfer and am becomming obsessed with the idea of building a drift boat and figuring out…

Started by Jess Alexander in General Forum

9 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by Rick Newman

My Boat Soup won't dry?

Another long winded question for all you kind gentlemen.   I'm heading out to float the San Juan river tomorrow to go put the Hanna Platte…

Started by mark hilbert in General Forum

4 Apr 13, 2011
Reply by mark hilbert

Oil chine batten?

Oil chine batten? If not, why not? I was thinking about oiling chine batten as it is will get scratched/gouged.

Started by Stephen Blalock in General Forum

1 Apr 12, 2011
Reply by Dave Z

bottoms up

Building two boats at a time is interesting.   Redundant.  Monotanous.  Constant deja vu. I wouldn't recommend it unless you have some enli…

Started by Dave Z in General Forum

1 Apr 11, 2011
Reply by Roger Fletcher

Don Hill High Side 16 footer

One question:   What are the advantages/disadvantages to the Don Hill 16 ft high side model vs standard?   I know more plywood to do the si…

12 Apr 10, 2011
Reply by Scott Hepler

Tough time fiberglassing

Working away on the bottom. Got the bi-axial layed down and flow coats with graphite. Went to do the sides with uni 6 oz. and ran into trou…

Started by Ben Kittell in General Forum

10 Apr 8, 2011
Reply by chris towles

Plywood Scarfs and How Many Sheets

After a bit of practice in scarfing I think I can do it.  The wood should be here late in the week.   I am building a 16 ft high side drift…

9 Apr 7, 2011
Reply by Randy Dersham

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service