Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Spring Cleaning / maintenance

I am cleaning and maintaining my Rogue river boat I built from a Ray's kit about 12 years ago.  She has been used a great deal and stored u…

Started by Stephen Blalock in General Forum

1 Mar 28, 2011
Reply by Stephen Blalock

Flycatcher maiden voyage.

Finally got the Flycatcher, my slightly stretched Trapper out for a maiden voyage, drifting the lower Mckenzie from Armitage to Crossroads…

Started by mlwebb in General Forum

1 Mar 27, 2011
Reply by Rick Newman

rolling boat stands, total cost: $12

living in south carolina, it gets warm early.  i've been trying to complete my build, but its so nice out it kills me to be stuck in the sh…

Started by justin nicola in General Forum

0 Mar 25, 2011

Best Decking Wood

Im looking for some 1/4 and 1/2" ply to do some decking on my boat. Im was going to stain and oil the interior, but now im thinking it woul…

Started by Ben Kittell in General Forum

9 Mar 24, 2011
Reply by chris towles

skiff progress

Building two boats at one time is fun.  The work is not as redundant as I thought it would be.  I have been having fun with these.  I am no…

Started by Dave Z in General Forum

4 Mar 22, 2011
Reply by mark hilbert

Screw Distance

How far apart should I space my screws when attaching the siding and bottom to the frames. It would be nice to space them further apart to…

26 Mar 19, 2011
Reply by chris towles

Rod Carrier - "Boat App"

OK - this is the last one before the season, I promise!!  I had a lot of early morning trips for steelhead last year and liked to start the…

Started by Greg Hatten in General Forum

3 Mar 16, 2011
Reply by Mike Dearing

"Vice Box" - Boat App

Necessity is the Mother of Invention or at least "adaptation".  My "need" was to add to the comfort of my boat guests with a cup holder tha…

Started by Greg Hatten in General Forum

9 Mar 14, 2011
Reply by Rick Newman

A couple of seats

I wanted to post a couple of seats I have built so far waiting on panels to cure on the garage floor.  I want to thank Scott Helper for get…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

3 Mar 13, 2011
Reply by Jordan Davis

Chine log installation

So to the point of installing the chine log (not using a strong bow, building like Roger suggests in his book). This part is very difficult…

13 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by Ben Kittell

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service