Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Varnish over stained wood

Is it okay to use varnish over stained wood?  I am in the process of building 4 seats (in the Montana Boatbuilders fashion) and have used a…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

3 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by Eric Loudenslager

Panel Dimensions??? HELP?

When side panels are cut out they should have "straight" edges top and bottom correct?  There should be no curvature to the cuts made to th…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

9 Mar 10, 2011
Reply by Don Wakefield

Older boat upkeep

I came across a free 16FT x 54inch beam at the widest point with a trailer.   I brought it home and parked it indoors for over 1 month, dri…

Started by Paul Kysar in General Forum

6 Mar 8, 2011
Reply by Dave Z

Wood Database

Not sure if this was posted here, but it has been really handy in trying to pick out some wood that I can get locally to use in boat buildi…

Started by Andrew in General Forum

0 Mar 5, 2011

Grand Canyon Replica Boat trip short video

Hi all, here's a link to a 3 minute video with some shots from the just completed replica river trip. Enjoy! Yours, tom http://vimeo.com/20

Started by Tom Martin in General Forum

6 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Tom Martin

adding another coat of coat-it

When I built my drift boat last year I finished the bottom with 2 coats of coat-it.  Pulling it out of the shed and inspecting I noticed th…

Started by Bryan Bowers in General Forum

1 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by mitchell

Bottom Removal

Hey, what a great forum!  I've been eavesdropping on you guys' conversations for a couple of weeks, now, ever since I pulled my drift boat…

Started by Jack Rose in General Forum

10 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Jack Rose

HELP! with bad scarfs

So I used a jig to cut my side rails to scarf. After gluing they turned out OK. Then last night I glued my scarfed 1/4" hydrotek. Just took…

Started by Ben Kittell in General Forum

5 Mar 5, 2011
Reply by Dave Z

Screws through Fiberglass

Is it ok to drill through and send screws through fiberglass? I am going to send screws through the side pannels to suport decking on the i…

Started by Ben Kittell in General Forum

17 Mar 3, 2011
Reply by lhedrick

Short Ribs???

I have been tossing around some ideas and was wondering if there would be any major issues with the frame height on a pram build. Here is a…

Started by Andrew in General Forum

0 Mar 3, 2011

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service