Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Scarfing chine logs, rails, etc.

Do you use the same scarfing method for chine logs, rails, and every other piece that needs to be 16' long as you do for the side and botto…

Started by Ben Kittell in General Forum

11 Feb 18, 2011
Reply by Eric Loudenslager

Wood

I had a plywood question I buried at the end of another discussion, then figured I would start my own thread with it and a couple other que…

Started by Jeremy Christensen in General Forum

17 Feb 17, 2011
Reply by Sandy Pittendrigh

Installing UHMW bottom

I am about to re-install the UHMW bottom that came with the tatman used boat I just picked up.    What size stainless steel screws should I…

Started by Michael stark in General Forum

20 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by Terry E Walsh

"Hardy Survivors. . . "

My March-April edition of WoodenBoat magazine arrived today and before I set the day's mail and orders down I dove into one of the featured…

Started by Roger Fletcher in General Forum

0 Feb 16, 2011

Scarfing Post

Gang-  I put up a scarfing post the old fashioned way over at my blog.  www.thtchronicles.blogspot.com   Here are some pictures-    Sorry a…

Started by Dave Z in General Forum

2 Feb 16, 2011
Reply by Dave Z

WTF Lowes???

So just got started on my frames and have most of my doug fir for the boat, then suddenly I noticed that all my wood is 1/8 smaller then it…

4 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by justin nicola

BottOm Pannel

So for my Rouge River Dory I need at least 15'2" bottem pannel (maybe longer since there is rocker to the bottem, but thats what the plans…

12 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by lhedrick

Flyfisher Skiff Started today 2-13-2011

Pulled a whole load of wood from my supplier on Friday.  4 sheets of 12mm Meranti, 4 sheets 6mm Meranti, 3 sheets 1/2 Fir and 200 Linear fe…

Started by Dave Z in General Forum

3 Feb 14, 2011
Reply by Roger Fletcher

Fiberglassing the sides?

I have considered this.  Is it recommended?  I usually see it mentioned in articles, forums, and blogs as optional.  I will be painting the…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

7 Feb 13, 2011
Reply by Lawrence E. Long

Trimming Frames?

I have searched the forums and come up empty handed on this subject.  Some of you know that I am building a 17" drifter on a traditional st…

Started by Jordan Davis in General Forum

6 Feb 12, 2011
Reply by Jeff S

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service