Forum Discussions (2,011)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Scarf joints

I am new to boat building but since deciding to build a drift boat it is about all I can think about. I have good basic wood working skills…

Started by gs zoll in General Forum

11 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by Brad Dimock

Toplac Paint Questions?

I am new to the site. Thanks to all for your tips and tricks that you have posted. I can't seem to find an answer to this question. I am bu…

Started by Shawn Jensen in General Forum

6 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Randy Dersham

transome reinforcement for outboard

My specific questions are;   1.       How to properly reinforce the transom to support an outboard. 2.       What is the outboard range you…

Started by Joseph Podesta in General Forum

3 Feb 9, 2010
Reply by Joseph Podesta

Rub Strip attachment

Is everyone attaching the rub strips with screws or can they be applied by one of the adhesive products like 3M 5200? I realize that 5200 w…

Started by Steve Sobba in General Forum

9 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Steve Sobba

Question: Do Turk's Head knots work for an oar stop?

Hello WBP,I am trying to come up with a "pretty" oar stop.   -Has anyone out there ever used a turk's head?   -Seen one?   -Can you tighte…

Started by Kelly Neu in General Forum

7 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Kelly Neu

Briggs Dory Building Photos 2

here are more current photos~

Started by Joe Dengler in General Forum

3 Feb 5, 2010
Reply by Jeremy Christensen

Upgrades

The Desolation dory has been in the shop for some upgrades, getting herself ready for the Grand Canyon (aka little dorky) adventure coming…

Started by Jeremy Christensen in General Forum

0 Feb 4, 2010

Re-restoring my old Keith Steele driftboat.

I will be restoring my Keith Steele soon.  This boat I originally restored in 1980 and met Keith Steele himself when I went to Leaburg, Ore…

Started by michael a. churchill in General Forum

0 Feb 4, 2010

chine rail rub strip

I've got to replace my rub strips. Is that what their called? My current rub strips are aluminum. I'd like to replace with stainless steel…

Started by mitchell in General Forum

2 Feb 3, 2010
Reply by Randy Dersham

skinny water

I recently did a drift on one of my local Rivers. A River/run that I'd not done below 5 feet, which for most is as low as they'd go. At 5 f…

Started by mitchell in General Forum

2 Feb 3, 2010
Reply by Robb Grubb

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service