Howdy,

I am in preparation mode to stat building my first drift boat. I have been doing a lot of research and was just curious. Has anyone used the system 2000 epoxy resin from fiberglast? It looks to be a comparable product to the West system. I will probably end up going with the west system, but I was just curious.

http://www.fibreglast.com/product/System_2000_Epoxy_Resin_2000/Epox...

Thanks

Larry

Views: 345

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That is some pretty expensive stuff!  Used a little bit of WEST on my boat, but soon switched to RAKA due to price and the good things I had heard.  I ended up using at least 9 gallons on my decked Briggs, so the price savings added up in a hurry.  I have also heard good things about Resin Research (mostly from Brad Dimock).  Good luck!

You might consider looking into fiberglasssupply.com. Their prices are lower than what the web site showed. They have West, System 3, Resin Research and MAS epoxy. They are located in Washington State so dependent upon where you are located you might find freight costs lower than from Florida where RAKA is located. I have had great service from Fiberglass Supply. I have also had great results with the System 3 Epoxy's and liked the 2 to 1 ratio for ease of mixing.

Rick N

You're right, freight was a bit pricey from Florida. 

I have used at lest 50 gallons of RAKA epoxy over the years.  No problems at all.  Epoxy lasts forever so make as big an order as possible and keep the shipping down.

I'm sure West is fine but I can't pay that much.  I also hear good reports about fiberglasssupply.com.

How does the resin research 2000 epoxy do? I have another wood project going on that I will need to clear coat. I would like to use the same resin for both if possible.

Part of the boat will also be clear coated, but most we be fiberglass encapsulated then painted.

Ok, I just did the research on the gardner color scale. Research resin looks to be very clear. Think I will give it a shot.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Randy Dersham.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service